Oh m’goodness, m’gracious. Talk about kissing his ring and marveling at his fashion merchandising genius. Be still my soul and moreover…, my soles! Such shoe soles as these Gilliam-Milksilk, $695 mink silk satin, pointed-toe pumps with that signature bow detail in black and the silver, glitter toe cap. Available at Bloomingdales.
What? What…, you say? You’ve not seen his creative arm-candy handbag silhouettes, foot-fantasy shoe designs, and graphic accessory artistry? Well, take a seat and get ready to order a respirator.
Why? Here’s why. Here’s an example of his artistry as depicted in a recent Los Angeles Times, Image section article. This mesh bootie, embellished with 7,000 beads by Los Angeles artist Emily Snyder, includes coral, vintage Czech glass, and freshwater pearls is a custom-order for Spring 2014. It took Snyder over 80 hours to do the bejeweled beadwork on this footwear design.
Just a little background info on the shoe designer:
- Label was launched in Fall 2008
- His muse–French actress and model Roxane Mesquida
- His celebrity clientele–Katie Holmes, Charlize Theron, Scarlett Johansson, and many others
- Shoe price range: $495 to $1,195
- Handbag price range: $495 to $795
- Fashions available at jeromecrousseur.com and specialty retailers, such as Bloomingdale’s, Madison Los Angeles, Dover Street Market, Fred Segal Santa Monica, Saks 5th Avenue Dubai, Luisa Via Roma, Barneys, Mona Moore, and many others
- Awards: “Who Is On Next” shoe/accessories prize by Vogue Italia
- Inspirations: Modern art, European design, pop culture, and nightlife
- Featured Articles/Images: Style.com., Bazaar, Elle, Vogue, Vogue Italia, LATimes, and many more
Ready, set, let’s go Jerome C. Rousseau shoe shopping.