Shoe blogs and shoe bloggers are often quoted when fashion and trend reporters need just the right gem of wisdom to add flavor to a fashion article. When shoes marketers develop a customer strategy online, in print materials, or elsewhere, the right quote can attract attention and become a memorable mantra for fashionistas.
Sometimes, 21st century word smithing just cannot compare to those quotes of days gone by.
How many times have we heard the ancient saying, “I wept because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet”? Now is that one soul/sole searching or not!
I thought you might enjoy reading some of the best shoe quotes I could find. I’m going to continue to search for more so check back often for a shoe quote to add to your shoe shopping conversations.
Photo courtesy of The Charity Wedding.
- Keep your standards, head, and high heels high. Anonymous
- It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. Muhammad Ali
- All God’s children need traveling shoes. Maya Angelou
- The secret of toe cleavage, a very important part of the sexuality of the shoe—you must only show the first 2 cracks. Manolo Blahnik
- The future’s got a million roads for you to choose, but you’ll walk a little taller in some high heel shoes. Hairspray
- If the shoe fits, it’s too expensive. Adrienne Gusoff
- The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases. Carl Jung
- A woman can carry a bag, but it is the shoe that carries the woman. Christian Louboutin
- I did not have 3,000 pairs of shoes; I had one thousand and sixty. Imelda Marcos
- Give a girl the correct footwear and she can conquer the world. Bette Midler
- The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents. John J. Plomp
- Yeah, but I do it backwards and in heels. Ginger Rogers
- I just think it’s great to show a gown that’s $8,000 and a shoe that’s, like, $25—but still look fabulous together. Christian Siriano
- A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes. Mark Twain
- I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. Oprah Winfrey
Let’s go shoe shopping.